Hello! I'm Rory, an actor, playwright and general theatre maven. I was a reviewer for many years for publications like New City, and the late Centerstage Chicago. I've decided to launch this blog like it's 2005 or something so that I can review Chicago plays and say hopefully interesting things about them. Hope you enjoy!
Hound of the Baskervilles
I started this blog partially to revisit old favorite places in the Chicago storefront theatre scene and one of those is definitely City Lit, a modest little theater located in a beautiful church in the Edgewater neighborhood not far from where I grew up. City Lit, now celebrating its 40th season, specializes in literary adaptation, one of its most frequent sources being the Sherlock Holmes stories of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. They kick off their season with a revival of their production of The Hound of the Baskervilles , perhaps the most famous of the Holmes novels, adapted and directed by Artistic Director Terry McCabe. The indefatigable and uncannily brilliant crimefighter whose adventures are assisted and dryly chronicled by his best friend and sidekick (and audience stand in) Dr. John Watson, has been a staple of popular culture for over a century, enjoying a recent TV and film renaissance, it's always great to see him on stage as well. The story begins when Holmes (Jame...
Comments
Post a Comment